SQ PERFORMANCE Forum Index

<  Media  ~  slackers

CyberQuest
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 22 Mar 2010 Posts: 199 Location: Lancaster, Ohio
now serving #569...

next project is already underway, you can see toms car finished and sitting by the back door ready for pickup. this is gregs car.

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:07 pm Reply with quote
SQ Guru Joined: 22 May 2010 Posts: 634 Location: Big Island
Laughing Painting the oil pump? Laughing With left over paint from T mans' car? Rolling Eyes ...... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:02 pm Reply with quote
haha.....no i just used a peice of cardboard to block off the painting area while along that ege. its a little curvy around the oil pump and a little got past Laughing i will clean it off with some paint thinner before i put it back together.

and its actually red 1500 degree engine paint, but yes a decent match to r04 red Laughing

this block is one we picked up from a member on SQC, supposed to have fordged JE pistons in it. herb has shown me a couple pics of his old hyper U pistons and its looking like they may be those and not the JE pistons claimed.

not the only thing i have ran across on it that has left me wondering. can you tell me whats wrong with this pic??

how about now?

i think this may work better, i cannot believe it didnt throw the oil pump chain.

getting ready to semi black the engine bay with some rattle can just to spruce it up a little. nothing too major, not really removing anything just pushing it out of the way and painting around and behind it the best i can and back together it goes.

and YES PROFESSOR before i put it back together i am going to remove the plunger from the oil pump and install another one and double it up. Laughing

NO i am not gonna line up the fucking timing dots.....FUCK THEM DOTS Laughing 3 oclock rock!!

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:45 am Reply with quote
SQ Guru Joined: 22 Mar 2010 Posts: 903 Location: Albuquerque NM
I hope you don't SLIP and fall on your ass.....standing in that antifreeze. Laughing Laughing

You wanna PAINT my Conquest (soon to be yours) for FREE? Rolling Eyes

Better TAME your mouth. Cool

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:52 am Reply with quote
SQ Guru Joined: 22 May 2010 Posts: 634 Location: Big Island
Damn DOOD!!! Vcyberbob is getting PQ's $ 20,000 QUEST!!!! Shocked I'm JELOUS!!! Embarassed Is that BEFORE or AFTER it gets a motor??? Laughing I hope he gets it with a PQ motor installed, or else we will see posts about motor rebuilds and head swaps, on PQ's OL' quest every couple of months. Laughing

I have seen that before too. Rolling Eyes It seems like with some of those oil pump chains, you could almost get away with that, when everything is new, I was surprised how tight that chain was even without the bottom guide. You don't want to put too much pressure on that guide either as that would put unnecessary load on the oil pump gears.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:15 am Reply with quote
SQ Guru Joined: 22 Mar 2010 Posts: 903 Location: Albuquerque NM
mitsusqueeshee wrote:
Damn DOOD!!! Vcyberbob is getting PQ's $ 20,000 QUEST!!!! Shocked I'm JELOUS!!! Embarassed Is that BEFORE or AFTER it gets a motor??? Laughing I hope he gets it with a PQ motor installed, or else we will see posts about motor rebuilds and head swaps, on PQ's OL' quest every couple of months. :l

I have seen that before too. Rolling Eyes It seems like with some of those oil pump chains, you could almost get away with that, when everything is new, I was surprised how tight that chain was even without the bottom guide. You don't want to put too much pressure on that guide either as that would put unnecessary load on the oil pump gears.

Dat CHAIN........ Rolling Eyes is not SUPPOSE to be tight when "NEW".

So you installed the MISSING "C" guide. Where did you ROB the longer bolts from? Rolling Eyes

And dat oil pump is WELL OVERDRIVEN! Or didn't you think about that ratio? Rolling Eyes

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:15 pm Reply with quote
remember PQ i just put all new chains and guides on my block so i had my old stuff laying around. i always keep old specific bolts like the ones under the timing cover. i walked over to a box, grabbed the correct guide, and the correct bolts.

i was just messing with you on the oil pump plunger. Laughing i know you like putting a extra rubber peice in there so the chain cant jump time if it rolls in gear.

painting the PQ ride.....well better make it up here fast with it cause dads health is going south and wont be painting much longer. the red car i just completed may be the last one, or this white 89 sitting here may be the last. but as of now all over full restore paint jobs are coming to a end.